Feeding a species-appropriate diet provides a supply of essential nutrients in a bioavailable form. The health and well-being of your pets will be improved; you can expect them to live longer, have a better quality of life, and suffer less illness. Even older dogs or those with chronic illness can have their lives transformed.
At The Farmer's Dog, we keep it simple by measuring out a healthy balance of raw meat, offal, and ground bone enabling you to give your dog delicious and nutritious food tailored to their individual tastes and health needs.
By feeding your canine friends the correct food that is designed for their anatomy, their body is going to be more appropriately fuelled to help maintain optimum health and keep them fit and healthy for the length of their life.
The Raw Benefits
You may have heard raw food being referred to as the BARF diet (biologically appropriate raw food). Putting your dog on a BARF diet basically means you do not feed any processed or cooked food. It is a species-appropriate way of feeding which is a replication of what a canine would have eaten in the wild long before dogs were domesticated.
Hygiene and Handling Tips
Good hygiene practice is essential when handling, preparing and storing raw food. Here are our top tips to get you started:
- Store frozen until required
- Defrost in a sealed container at the bottom of the fridge
- Once defrosted, store at the bottom of the fridge and use within 48 hours
- Don’t discard the thaw juice as this can contain essential nutrients
- Wash with hot soapy water, all utensils, dishes, and surfaces after serving
- Remove and safely dispose of any uneaten raw food as soon as your pet has finished eating
100% British Meat
Approved by Dogs!
Frozen to keep all
the goodness and flavour in!
Sign up To Our Newsletter
Get the latest news and offers
Plus, free delivery on your first order